UPDATE: Melanie and Antonio have released the following statement: "We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost twenty years marriage in a loving and friendly manner honoring and respecting each other, our family and friends and the beautiful time we have spent together - Melanie & Antonio"
Actress Melanie Griffith has filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas, reports TMZ.Legal docs cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split after 18 years of marriage.
Actors Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith may be headed for divorce court, if the latest rumors are to be believed.RadarOnline.com, “Everyone in the family is distraught over this, but the sad fact is they’re really not in a good place. At this point, the word is that they’re literally on the brink of a divorce.”
“Extra’s” Maria Menounos caught up with actress Melanie Griffith and “Hawaii 5-0” star Scott Caan to talk about their new play, “No Way Around But Through," and put the pair to the test with a rapid-fire quiz.
Who was Melanie’s first onscreen kiss? What was Scott’s worst audition ever? Watch the video and find out!Written by Caan and directed by Val Lauren, the dark romantic comedy opened June 3 at the Falcon Theatre in Burbank, CA. For more information and to buy tickets, go to FalconTheatre.com.
The project was founded in New York City in 2003 with the goal of treating firefighters and other rescue workers for toxins inhaled at Ground Zero. Another related project, the Gulf Coast Detoxification Project, helps individuals affected by the Gulf oil spill.
Comedian Eddie Murphy admits he's lost his "swag."
"My daughters are escorting me, because I am the most pitiful man in Hollywood," Murphy told "Extra" at the "Shrek Forever After" premiere. "I have no date to be with me. Oh, I've lost my swag."
Melanie Griffith is recuperating after undergoing surgery to remove cancerous cells from her face.
Griffith, 52, had the procedure done early enough "to prevent further complications," her spokeswoman Robin Baum tells the Associated Press. She was left with a black eye after the surgery.
The actress checked into rehab earlier this summer -- but it wasn't because she was struggling with an addiction. "She is there to reinforce her commitment to stay healthy," her rep said then of her rehab stint.
Griffith will appear on the next season of the hit FX series "Nip/Tuck."
In a visit to "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," actor Antonio Banderas said it was his wife Melanie Griffith's own decision to admit herself to rehab after pain medication following surgery caused some concern.
Griffith, 52, was clean for six years, then she was injured in a skiing accident a year and a half ago. Three operations on her knee required the actress to start using narcotics.
Banderas, 49, tells Ellen DeGeneres, "In March, she came to me and said, 'I'm feeling a little bit weak in my determination for this... so I just thought to go to rehabilitation by myself.'" The actor says their whole family is behind her, "this particular time more than ever," adding, "I'm very proud of her."
Banderas also has advice for families struggling with addiction. "Don't get embarrassed, just confront this problem head-on. And don't hide from that because there is a beautiful gift at the end of this tunnel, and it is the person that you love back, and that is what I am searching for."
Antonio Banderas' interview airs Wednesday on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
"The Other Man" star Antonio Banderas tells "Extra" that very little about what's been reported about his wife Melanie Griffith going to rehab is true. He told us, "She's doing fantastic."