Report: New Evidence in Casey Anthony Murder Case?
Tony Pipitone, the WKMG-TV reporter who obtained the evidence, told RadarOnline.com, “We've uncovered an astounding failure by investigators that left prosecutors unaware of more than 98 percent of a crucial batch of evidence.”
The station’s news director, Steve Hyvonen, added that the "evidence that could have changed the jury's mind -- evidence that points right at Casey.”
Pipitone and the station said they let the prosecutors know about evidence. “When we revealed it to them last week, they said they would have used some of it to try to prove Casey's guilt,” explained Pipitone.
The prosecuting team would not comment but told “Extra" that “there is nothing new,” while Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, said, “It’s old news that was written in my book.”
Anthony was acquitted of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, when a Florida jury found her not guilty in July 2011.
The story will air Tuesday on WKMG-TV’s 11:00 PM broadcast.