Lifechangers: Walgreens Offers Flu Vaccine
Flu season is here, and 60 million people will get it! Not to fear, "Extra" Lifechanger, Pharmacist Monika Shah of Walgreens, has tips to keep you healthy.
Shah says your best defense is to get a flu shot. The Center for Disease Control recommends that everyone over the age of six months receives a flu vaccine this year.
Check out the top five facts you should know about receiving a flu shot:
1. CDC recommends that everyone over the age of six months receive a flu vaccine.
2. It takes a minimum of four days and can take two weeks for a flu vaccine to become effective.
3. This year's vaccine protects against three different strains of influenza, including H1N1.
4. Mercury-free flu shots are available.
5. There is no difference between the flu shot you receive at the doctor and the one you will receive at a Walgreens pharmacy.